Saturday, February 25, 2017

How to Keep the Faith – A Poem


By John Foll, written sometime in February to April 2014? Edited 2/24/2017 & 02/25/2017.
© Copyright 2017 John Foll

[How to keep the faith?
The promises of God
Are very important,
Now I see!]
It’s one thing to give your soul to God,
And to yield everything to Him,
But another thing to keep it.
Satan, our relentless foe,
Has a vast array of devices
To try to force his way back in.

[But now as I type this in,
I know that God is very strong to save,
And nothing that our foe can do,
Can prevent us from the victory,
If to God we cling!]

But we have to be more
Vigilant in the Lord,
To protect our soul.
[Actually God is vigilant for us,
But if we are vigilant,
It is because His love
Is helping us to
Want to be vigilant,
And so it is all by Him!]

We must build a wall of faith around our soul,
[We must let Him build a wall of faith around our soul.]
Then another wall around that wall,
Then another wall around that wall,
Never ending, and keep your trust in Him!
It’s your choice and only your choice,
To keep God in your heart
The minute you let your guard down,
[The minute you let go of God’s hand],
Your enemy will try to tear down those walls,
And try to destroy you!
But being afraid of failure
Will cause failure too!
[Trust your soul to God,
He loves you, Oh naïve soul!
Why not? He loves you and is strong to save!
Yes, we must trust in God to protect us from our foe,
And allow His love to guide us
Every moment, every hour.
Pray, keep praying, until you get the victory,
Pray, keep praying, until you feel His mighty power to save.
Pray, keep praying, until you know
That He cannot lose,
And let Him win the battles for you!
And then keep praying because you love Him,
And praise His wonderful name!
Amen!]

P. S. Not all of this “poem” was as I originally wrote it on a piece of paper that I typed in today, because I revised it with what I have learned since. But even though I did not know all of what I know now then, it didn’t matter, because God’s love has carried me through and guided me. But I didn’t want to let Him down. I learned during this time, that not everything that was happening to me was from Him, because my lower nature and our ancient foe were fighting to gain me back from God. I thought that you should know some of my great struggles, in my desire to win over my lower nature and to become completely God’s, that is why I think I wrote this poem? It should be shared. When I started to write down this, if I remember correctly, I was trying to write what I should put in my book that I was trying to write, but it quickly turned from a chapter idea, into a pseudo-poem – this was what was happening to me at that time. I was so happy, and emotional about what was happening, that I was thinking in poetic or musical rhythmic sense. So instead of being just a chapter idea, it is now a poem! I had to rein this in, because I was trying to write a book on God’s love, not a book on just poetry. If you want to read the chapter this poem is talking about, read my book “The Love of God: God’s Plan to Save You! Part 2 How to Become the Bride of Christ” in the chapter #2 “Build a Wall of Faith Around Your Heart, Until it Becomes a Fortress!” But I recommend that you read Part 1 first: “The Love of God: God’s Plan To Save You! Part 1: How to Have Righteousness By Faith!


#How #Keep #Faith #Poetry #Promises #Trust #Praise #God #Yield #Strong #Save #Protect #Vigilant #Wall #Victory #Afraid #Fear #Foe #Destroy #Battle


No comments:

Post a Comment